Monday, September 27, 2010

The Tech Net Is Back!!!!!

Well its been a while but the Tech Net is back!!


Last week 9/24/10 was the first net in a while and we had just a handful of check-ins but overall I think that it went well. We had Tim KF5FSJ ask about how to tune in a psk-31 signal and Dan KF5HYD talked antennas and I recomended that he put his dipole for 10m in a vertical configuration to help him work local stations. Also I am in the process of getting some specs on a roll-up J-pole made from 450ohm ladder line that would be great for a go box.



Curtis KC0FHF was looking for a good base antenna ideas for 2m local repeater work and he mentioned an antenna that he used to run that he enjoyed. It was described simular to a discone but with solid cones for the groundplanes. I said that I would try to look up the manufacturer and model number for him and i ran across it in an ad in the Sept. 1995 issue of QST when i was looking for plans for a 2m quad that i was refered to. Still havent found the plans but the Ant was an IsoPole144 made by Spectral Antennas. The wbesite is http://www.isopole.com/



I realy enjoyed running the net and i will try my best make sure its held on a weekly basis. I send many thanks to Don KE5OMV for starting this net that our community has needed for a long time and his support in helping me continue it.

The Topic for the next net is GRID DIP METERS! I look forward to the next net and until then keep the solder flowing and the RF going.

Travis
KD5UND

No comments: